We can assist you or your clients regarding any aspect of criminal investigations or prosecutions in Scotland.
If you believe your firm may be conflicted or a corporate or individual client requires advice upon Scottish criminal law we can assist. All our lawyers specialise only in criminal defence and already provide a full and confidential service to a number of law firms throughout the UK.
Assistance for UK Law Firms
We can assist you or your clients regarding any aspect of criminal investigations or prosecutions in Scotland. We provide a full and confidential service to a number of law firms throughout the UK.
If you believe your firm may be conflicted or a corporate or individual client requires advice upon Scottish criminal law we can assist. All our lawyers specialise only in criminal defence.
We can meet with you at your offices, our offices or arrange a suitably convenient location to discuss the instruction. Our lawyers are experienced in all aspects of criminal defence, police investigations and prosecution avoidance.
The earlier we become involved the more advantageous it will be for you and your client. We will provide a full and detailed outline of our fees and outlays prior to any instruction being agreed.
Please contact Iain M. Paterson on Tel: +44 (0)131 225 6111 or by email: email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
How we can help
- The legal advice and assistance includes all aspects of criminal allegations in Scotland, pre court police investigations, government investigations into crime, bribery allegations, fraud, money laundering, financial investigations, environmental law breaches, health and safety breaches.
- We can advise about and attend Scottish police or regulatory interviews with your client.
- We can provide full and clear advice on police investigations into corporations or companies, we can advise on warrants, production orders, police statements, rights and obligations in any corporate crime enquiry.
- If your corporate client is being investigated and the Scottish police require to interview directors, office bearers or employees of the Company we can assist as independent lawyers to advise on the rights of the company employees/directors. Such advice is independent from the company and your firm. We do not act for the company, the conflict between your firm and the employees/directors is avoided. Our advice can be given at any location including the company’s premises.
- We can provide full court representation to your clients for any criminal allegation in any Scottish Court. The criminal Courts in Scotland are at levels depending upon the nature of the allegation. The Justice of the Peace court deals with minor road traffic infringements and minor crime. The Sheriff Court deals with more serious allegations of criminality or statutory breaches. The High Court deals with the most serious of allegations of criminality. We have lawyers who appear in all courts on a daily basis.
- If the Scottish police or prosecution authorities are seeking information from your law firm we can assist regarding the difficult issue of client confidentiality and lawyer/client privilege.
- If your firm has been contacted by the police about a criminal investigation into a client, we provide advice regarding the giving of police statements, production orders and search warrants.
- If a client requires advice or an opinion upon any aspect of Scottish Criminal Law we will be able to provide a quick and accurate opinion. In general we are able to provide a suitable opinion within 2 hours from first contact.